Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 208 = Gym + Stuff I Don't Like at the Gym

Sept. 30 - I finally registered for the Austin Marathon today. And just in time to save $10 on the registration. Hey, 10 bucks is 10 bucks.

This morning was another gym workout. I really do love doing the whole personal training thing. I've lost 5% body fat and my trainer wants me to lose another 5% by Thanksgiving. I have a similar goal. We are team on this.

Before the gym, I had yummy cheese grits, which is one packet of instant grits plus about 1/4 cup of 2% milk Kraft shredded sharp cheddar. Deeeee-lish. I mean, I can't really go a day without cheese, let alone trust any freak who does not like cheese (and they're out there, y'all, walking among us). But I want to try these "egg mugs" one day.

Anyway, back to the workout. While I like working out at the gym, there are some things I hate. Sometimes I think Regan makes me do these crazy exercises just for her own entertainment. Like how I am petrified at the thought of jumping up on a step. Whether it's 3 inches off the ground or 15 inches off the ground, I am so scared of falling. I'm a bit neurotic sometimes. So this morning she got out an aerobic step and wanted me to hop on one leg onto the step and then hop off on both legs to the other side. To see me attempt this (and I mean for each jump) you'd think I was psyching myself up to walk across hot coals. So each successful jump is a personal victory. I've seen athletes in the Special Olympics who have more balls than I do when it comes to hopping on a little step.

And then it happened. Ha! I told you so. I tripped over the tiny step. I caught myself, but I just know the cute guy working on his abs saw it all in slow motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment