Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 196 = Resistance Bands + My Foam Roller

I'm sore and kind of restricted to just working out with my resistance bands tonight because tomorrow I'm hosting a "honeymoon" shower for my friend Mary, who is getting married Oct. 10. So I'm just up cleaning the downstairs, as no one will be allowed upstairs except under special circumstances. Like if the special circumstances is when that person is me. It's just that the closet downstairs can't hold all my crap, so I have to make like 34 trips up and down stairs to clean the living room.

So back to being sore and feeling like there is something living in my hip that is wringing out the ligament in my hip joint. I found out from my doctor today that I have a laberal tear there, so I'm going to have to start physical therapy. But honestly, the one thing I really believe that can help me cost $40 and all I have to do is roll out of bed to use it. It's my foam roller.

I wasn't a believer at first. I'd heard about foam rolling and trigger point therapy, but not really sure what that was all about. I started using one at the gym to roll over my hip, which consists of me laying face down on the floor and rolling the foam roller along the inside of my leg up to my groin. Not my finest moment at the gym, but the release it gives my hip is miraculous.

So now I foam roll before every long run and when I hurt. Best $40 I've spent in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment