Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 199 = Gym + Chandler

This morning was more workout. MORE WORKOUT. I burned over 250 calories during my workout with Regan this morning. That's pretty good for lifting weights like a bad-ass. Helps me keep my pimp hand strong. Like at work. Like when I worked tonight until 8:30pm.

So.... my friends really don't know what it is I do at work all day. I'm like the "Chandler" of the group. Remember how on Friends how no one knew what Chandler did. That's me. Chandy.

What is it, you ask? I usually roll into the office at about 9 am. Really, it's more like 9:15 because I have to get to the Dell campus, park in the lot in building 3 and then walk across a street to building 2 and then walk up 3 flights of stairs to what we lovingly call "the penthouse." Then I check my email for about an hour and go over my "to do" list, which never ends. My basic goal this year is to put $22M in Dell's revenue pipeline. I'm only about $5M there so far, but that is just a "projection." I do this by buying and selling leads, like a broker of sorts. I buy the leads, nurture them and then try to sell them off to sales like they are the Glengarry/Glenross leads. So they can be closing. Always. Or no coffee.

Then I go to meetings for most of the day and have to literally block time on my calendar for "busy work." It's all very challenging. Very. Challenging. And my coworkers make it worth it. Well, that and the popsicles we keep in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment