Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 198 = Running + Paperwork

I am convinced that I have dumped my weight in paper again. I've also got two piles waiting to be shredded. My paper disposal project continued today as I combed through the paperwork I brought in from the garage last week with the intention of pilfering through it at a later date. That date was today. I got to go through more bank statements, more 401(k) statements, more random notes from way back when.

I took at least half a dozen loads of paper down to the 90-gallon recycling cart in the garage. The recycling is picked up every two weeks, and my bin is already full. The next pick up is Oct. 1. It is fair to say that I've now come to the conclusion that I have a burning desire to document everything. Is this just news to me or was this a surprise to you, too, reader? Just from the reading I did today gave me the idea to write "Memoirs of a Serial Documenter."

After sitting on the floor numbing my ass for about 6 hours, I brought in a pillow and sat for another 3 hours organizing piles of trash/shred/recycle or save and file away. I cleaned out my filing cabinet finally. The pic is of the view I pretty much saw all day when I looked up from my work. That or the marathon of "The Cosby Show."

I finally decided to run tonight for about half an hour. Partly because I needed to un-numb my ass and partly because I've been munching on leftover chocolate-dipped strawberries and mini sandwiches today. But also because I'm so close to Day 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment