Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 332 = Resistance Bands/Home Workout + My Doppelganger

I should probably write an ode to cortisone shots for this blog entry because I cannot say enough about that painful, yet, gorgeous and most wonderful shot. I knew that I should have had one weeks ago instead of going on antibiotics. But I'm not the one who went to medical school. Not even one online in India.

Anyway, after WEEKS of nonstop suffering from allergies, strep throat, sinus infections and general crappiness, I went back to the doctor who at first wanted to test me for mono, but then he changed his mind and decided to just give me a cortisone shot to see if that helps. Fuck yeah, it helped. I did this last January 2009 when I had cedar fever. If you ever have allergies, I highly recommend a cortisone shot. I had no idea this existed until a fellow allergy-sufferer told me about it. Thank God for you!

I'm such a baby when it comes to needles, and the cortisone medicine is actually kind of painful. I have a fair threshold for pain, but I white-knuckled it for the shot and kept thinking how wonderful I was going to feel in a matter of hours and maybe even minutes. I was right.

I came home and decided to just chill out and stay calm and let the medicine work. I was updating my blog (I'm so behind!) and fiddling around on Facebook and learned that this week is the week that you should post a picture of your doppelganger. (In case you are paying attention on Facebook because you've been spending a lot of time at home being sick like me.) A doppelganger is the celebrity who everyone says you look like. I used to get Britney Spears all the time back before she went crayzay. I guess it's the brown eyes and blonde hair. But more recently, people are telling me I look like Anna Faris. Well, I'll jump all over that bandwagon.

I felt really good tonight and would have liked to have gone to the gym or to run, and I almost did, but I am really hell-bent on getting better. I hate being sick and I'm tired of being sick and not feeling like my old go-getter self. So I stuck to resistance bands and little home workout that I made up for core work.

No comments:

Post a Comment