Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 333 = Running + LOST

I can't believe the day is finally here. I just don't think I've written about LOST enough in this blog. No blog is complete without it (that is, if you're me and you're writing my blog). I realize there are haters out there and just plain ol' people in denial about the lure that is LOST, but I am uh-dickted. It's so bittersweet that this is the end of the series. Note to anyone listening who cares: I want all those seasons on DVD. And while I hope to never stay home with strep throat again, believe me, I will find a reason to stay home in bed for days to watch LOST.

I remember last spring when LOST announced they wouldn't be back until Feb. 2. I was like, "Wha? No way! You can't do this to me, JJ Abrams." I felt hurt and sad and, well, lost. So many questions. And being a Pisces, I'm easily confused, so LOST is like a perpetual puzzle to me each time. A puzzle that I love to get lost in. OK. That last sentence was dumb. But oh so true.

So here are my questions:

1. Who was Jin buying that panda for? Maybe it's part of the parallel universe that the passengers of Oceanic Flight 815 are living while their counterparts are still back on the island.
2. Who has taken over John Locke's body?
3. Why's it gotta be a smoke monster? That's ridonculous sometimes, but it is what it is.
4. I'm totally convinced that Juliet is not dead. How'd she know that "it worked?"

Now that I've watched tonight's episode, I think the point that Abrams, et al, are trying to make is that the survivors had a better life on the island and they just didn't know it. Am I right?

So, after being "lost" in a 7+ hour meeting today about building a database with people in India, I rushed home to get in a 40-minute run and then showered and baked some mahi mahi and settled in to watch lost. Without interruption. OK, Deacon can call but THAT'S IT! And only during commercials (which I allowed).

No comments:

Post a Comment