Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 334 = Gym + hCG

Have you heard of the hCG diet? It was also mentioned on Livestrong.com and you can read more about it here.

My friend Trey went on the hCG diet under his doctor's supervision and lost more than 50 pounds. He had 50 pounds to lose. I don't have that much. But what is so attractive to me is that the hCG diet targets fat and makes your body live off your fat stores during the 23-day course of injections of hCG. So I'm considering it. If I lose a pound a day, then 23 days should be just about right.

The rub is that I hate needles. So not sure if I'd be able to inject myself.

Tonight, I stuck to the old-fashioned way of fitness with good, ol' exercise at the gym. I have no doubt that I am able to maintain any weight loss. Because I've been working out for 334 days in a row, this is the first year that I started out without the resolution of losing weight. Sure I want to lose a few pounds in some targeted spots, but it's not like it's a hovering goal that I feel like I have to set in order to accomplish it. I work out everyday, so it's not a daunting thought to me.

At the gym tonight it was clear that there are people who are still going strong to follow through on their new year's resolutions. It's good to see so much enthusiasm for being fit because that's what it's about.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to thank for the efforts you’ve put in writing this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really amazing weblog post and I am thankful to you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete