Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 311 = Gym + Popcorn

Tonight after a 10-hour day at the old Dell campus, where Mistelle and I were quietly and diligently processing our leads, I went to the gym. My first day back at work after my second round of strep throat began with finding out that while I was out in December, the media agency I'm forced to use decided to spend all my money on paid search, totally ignoring the contract and admitting in writing to making an "erroneous assumption." I wrote in boldface and underlined in an email that this was absolutely unacceptable. Monday at 9 am and I'm already debating on the approach I may or may not take to tear a new asshole into someone. So I tried to sit on that email until after my next four meetings.

At the gym, lots of people seemed to be sticking to their New Year's resolution of getting in shape. It was 8pm when I got there, and most of the cardio machines were still full! Since I started this challenge in March, this is the first year since I can remember that I didn't make the resolution to "get back in shape" because I am already. Well, I'd like to lose a few more pounds, but I'm working on it. I was tired but pushed through a workout on my own. It went something like this:

  • 11 min on the elliptical trainer listening to my iPod
  • 3 sets of leg lift crunches in the Roman chair (all my sets are at least 15 reps)
  • 2 sets of dips
  • A little circuit of 2 sets each of chest press with 15 lb. weights (too light for me now), the "lawnmower" back exercise and a series of crunches, reverse crunches, seated leg crunches
  • Then another little circuit with the lat pull down and the trapezoid push down (that's what I call it anyway)
  • Then another little circuit of bicep curls with the long 30 lb. dumbbell and some kind of dumbbell lift and squat that Regan taught me, which I have no idea what it's called, paired with this oblique twist with the Freemotion machine.
I have to tell you that you need to run out right now and buy Orville Redenbacher's Natural Buttery Salt and Cracked Pepper popcorn. One bag is 160 calories, and it's perfect for dinner tonight.

I also want to tell iPhone users about this app I use to keep up with my favorite blogs. It's called RSS Runner by Francois Goldgewicht and it's free. The web site is here: /www.golden-apps.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment